Director of Government Affairs – Europe & UK
- Build and maintain professional relationships with members of local, national, and EU-level government bodies and civil agencies for the purpose of building a greater awareness of Wish’s business positioning in the EU, and gaining a deeper understanding of the government’s positioning on e-commerce platforms.
- Research and monitor government activities that could affect Wish’s technology, business operations, customers, and merchants.
- Assist Wish’s leadership with strategic planning for known and potential regulatory changes and challenges related to the business and industry in the EU, EEA, UK and Switzerland.
- Join trade associations and industry committees and seek leadership roles.
- Collaborate with industry advocates to build areas of common interest.
- Liaise with and represent Wish at the EU and before EU-level commissions.
- Introduce legislative and public policy changes that will support company operations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 10+ years experience in public policy or government affairs at the EU and/or national level.
- In depth understanding of intermediary liability and rules affecting marketplaces/platforms.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Digital Services Act, General Product Safety Regulation, MarketSurveillance Regulation, Product Safety Pledge, Product Safety Pledge + and other EU level laws, initiatives and reforms, and national implementation thereof. Knowledge of and familiarity with domestic or national analogs or to the foregoing laws and commitments.
- Familiarity with lawmaking and enforcement at the EU and national level in the EU.
- In depth understanding of policies relevant to ecommerce, such as platform regulation, IP, data protection, and marketplace regulations.
- Existing relationships with policymakers at an EU level.
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and gain the respect and confidence of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to and thrive in a dynamic fast-moving mission-driven organization, preferably in the tech industry.
- Ability to travel internationally when necessary.
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 60 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 250,000 merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We’re fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
Reporting to the Wish’s General Counsel, the Director of Government Affairs – Europe and UK will represent Wish to policymakers, legislators, and civil agencies. You will stay abreast of all developments and shifting regulations impacting e-commerce, digital marketplaces, data and privacy, payments, intellectual property, etc., and communicate these developments in realtime to our internal stakeholders. You will also work on behalf of Wish to advocate for policies and regulations that benefit our ability to do business across all of Europe, including EEA, EU, UK and Switzerland. You’ll also grow and maintain strong relationships with civil groups and other special interest organizations across these regions. This is an opportunity to make a HUGE impact for Wish and for our customers.
What You’ll Do:
Here at Wish, you are joining a team and company at a time of growth and transformation. You will love being surrounded by people who are as passionate as you are about e-commerce, technology, and a data-driven culture. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above, we encourage you to still apply!
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Om op deze vacature te solliciteren bezoek je nl.whatjobs.com.